Need long polycarbonate sheeting?
Are you searching for profiled polycarbonate sheets longer than 3.6 m? Perhaps you need a twin-wall longer than 3.0 m? We have long polycarbonate sheets. Almost all sheets are available up to a length of 7.2 m, others up to 9.0 or 9.6 m and some up to 11.98 m !!!
We regularly get calls from customers who are told at major chain hardware stores that polycarbonate roofing sheets are only available up to 3.0 m in length. This is simply not true! This only reflects what they keep on their shelf!
It is always advisable, where possible, to have a single sheet along the fall of the roof. This means that the polycarbonate roof sheet is not joined along its length. There a few reasons why this is advisable:
- it keeps the sheet cleaner,
- is easier to install,
- is more economical,
- makes it less likely that you will have a leak!
When you need to join
Finally, if it is necessary to join sheets lengthwise (this would normally only happen with a sheet run in excess of around 7-8 meters) it is important to consider a few things.
- The join will need to occur over a support beam (purlin).
- Each sheet should extend past the support (and screws) by a minimum of 100 mm, this will effective give a minimum 200 mm overlap as pictured below.
- in some cases it may be advisable to use a sealing strip to ensure that no leaking occurs. This is mainly in low fall situations.
- Joining twin-wall or multi-wall sheets (such as Sunlite, Makrolon, Sunpal, Danpalon etc) is not as easy! Give us a call if you are considering this.
Consult our post on installation HERE for further guidance of how to install your standard profile sheeting.
If you need a quote or some advice on how best to install your sheets give us a call.